As COVID-19 continues to blow up in North Carolina and throughout the country, there really is only one undeniable response to what you can do to remain as healthy as possible. Support your immune system and overall health. A healthy immune system is more able to do what it was designed to do, and that is to protect you and keep you safe. Enable and empower your immune system to fight on your behalf when you are exposed to some type of pathogen or experience an imbalance.
There are a few very basic (yet all too often overlooked) actions you can take right now that will significantly enhance your immune functions.
1. Eat healthy nutrient-rich food. To make this really easily actionable, eat more fresh vegetables. The next best thing to fresh vegetables are frozen vegetables. Avoid canned vegetables as many of the nutrients are destroyed in the canning process.
2. Get adequate rest. So basic, yet so many of us are guilty of simply not getting enough sleep, rest and downtime. Our bodies need that critical restorative time to function optimally.
3. Decrease stress and anxiety. Chronic stress and anxiety are a continuous taxation on your immune system. The immune system will respond to stressors on your system. Stressors like a virus, and also stressors like anxiety. Ongoing stress depletes your immune system’s abilities to operate effectively.
4. Move your body. Every function in the body (regardless if it is digestive, neurological, muscular, cardiac, hormonal, vascular…) is one of movement. Our bodies were designed to move. Movement supports and enhances all of these functions. You don’t need to run a marathon, but you can take a 15-minute walk each day.
These are the most basic and fundamental essentials in supporting your immune system. These are 100% within your control and ability to achieve right now!
There is no substitute for these basic fundamentals.
The next best ways to support your immune system include:
1. Get your blood chemistry straight. When viewed with an understanding of functional medicine, even basic blood work can offer great insights into the intricate balance of all the metabolic processing happening within. In many cases, imbalances can easily be corrected if you are aware these imbalances exist and if you know what to do about it. With functional medicine, we can view lab values for optimal health and can spot patterns of imbalance before they become pathological.
2. Take the right high-quality nutritional supplements. Supplements can be a huge benefit to the immune system and in supporting your health. However, not all supplements are made the same and not all people need the same supplements. Blood chemistry labs can play a major role in determining what supplements and what dosages you actually need.
3. Begin or continue taking the traditional Chinese medicinal herbal formula specifically formulated in response to COVID-19. I refer to this herbal formula as the AVIS herbs (Anti-Viral Immune Support). This is a wonderful herbal formulation created in Wuhan, China and used throughout China, the United States and the rest of the world in the attempt to prevent an infection of the Corona Virus. You can read more about the AVIS Formula here.
A healthy and strong immune system is critical to your health. As the numbers of those infected with COVID-19 continues to rise, now, more than ever is the time to implement measures to not only maintain your health but to take your health and immunity beyond where it has ever been. Some of the steps to achieve this are very simple and basic. Implementing and enhancing these self-care measures today may significantly improve your tomorrows.
If our services and products can support you along the way, please let us know.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay happy.